Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Unable to start openerp server - No module named osv

on 4/2/14, 5:53 AM 2,037 views

Hi everybody. I'm using the latest OpenErp version on Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit. I am able to use the modules correctly via browser, but at the same time I noticed a strange thing. When I open the terminal and type one of the

openerp-server {start|stop|restart|force-reload}

it returns this message

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/openerp-server", line 5, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/cli/__init__.py", line 51, in main
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/modules/module.py", line 133, in load_module
    mod = imp.load_module('openerp.addons.' + module_part, f, path, descr)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/base_action_rule/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
    import test_models
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/base_action_rule/test_models.py", line 1, in <module>
    from osv import osv, fields
ImportError: No module named osv

However, the openerp-server, as said before, seems correctly loaded.

ps aux | grep openerp
openerp   1626  0.0  1.5 921156 91516 ?        Sl   apr01   0:13 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/openerp-server --config=/etc/openerp/openerp-server.conf --logfile=/var/log/openerp/openerp-server.log
openerp   3107  0.0  1.3 491572 78680 ?        Sl   apr01   0:00 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/openerp-server --config=/etc/openerp/openerp-server.conf --logfile=/var/log/openerp/openerp-server.log

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 4/2/14, 5:53 AM
Seen: 2037 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM