Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Unable to set category_id/tags/labels when creating a Customer via Web Services/XMLRPC

on 2/11/16, 8:10 AM 295 views

I'm trying to create a customer and set the tag. This is what I'm doing:

$customer = $this->client->execute_kw($this->db, $this->uid, $this->pass,                       
 'res.partner', 'create',
        'is_company' => 1,
        'x_external_id' => $data['id'],
        'name' => $data['name'],
        'parent_id' => 1, //cf id
        'category_id' => [1], //tags
        'street' => $data['line1'],
        'city' => $data['town'],
        'state_id' => $this->_searchCounty($data['county_name']),
        'zip' => $data['postcode'],
        'website' => $data['website'],
        'phone' => $data['telephone'],
        'email' => $data['email'],
        'property_account_receivable' => 30,
        'property_account_payable' => 41,
        'customer' => true,
        'supplier' => true,
        'active' => true,
        'opt_out' => 1,
        'notify_email' => 'none'

I would imagine passing an array with correct Id should have been enough, since this is how the tags show up when you read the record. But when the record is created, it doesn't have any tags attached to it, while all other passed information is present. Is there anything special about setting the tags via web services?

On 2/12/16, 3:55 AM

Hi Alex,

category_id / Tags is many2many field. so pass many2many values like following this,

category_id => [[6, 0, [1]]],
I hope this will help you.

Thanks! I thought it something like that. Actually it would be 'category_id' => [[6, 0, [1]]] in my case. A quick search many2many and xmlrpc brought me to: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-format-value-for-a-many2many-field-thru-xml-rpc-10877

on 2/12/16, 4:11 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 2/11/16, 8:10 AM
Seen: 295 times
Last updated: 4/29/16, 11:23 PM