Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Unable to restore database from different installations of V8

By
Majdouline ben abdelkarim
on 2/23/15, 10:13 AM 744 views

I'm trying to restore a database in Odoo V 8.0-20150212 and the backup is from a different installation (Odoo Version 8.0-3ea978b) but it won't work. at first I thought the problem was in postgres version, so I installed the same  version and even after that the DB wouldn't restore. Am I missing something here?

"won't work" and "wouldn't restore" - can you explain if you got error messages, unexpected behavior etc so we know what you mean by these phrases?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 2/23/15, 7:21 PM

I get one message that is "Impossible to restore database", and when I look in postgres I find that the database is created but with no tables.

on 2/24/15, 4:46 AM

Note: I'm restoring the database from odoo's database manager

on 2/24/15, 4:50 AM

gunnar

--gunnar--
| 6 7 8
Germany
--gunnar--

born

gunnar
On 2/23/15, 8:01 PM

I agree with Ray, some more detail in your question definetly would help to get a good response

Now some guessing:

1. there are several different ways to restore a psql database ('psql database_name < pgdump_file', 'pg_restore' being two of them). If one of them wouldn't work I'd try an alternative method.
  2. if your backup file is compressed (.tar, .gz, ....) it might help to uncompress that in a separate operation first and then try to restore the uncompressed backup file after that.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/23/15, 10:13 AM
Seen: 744 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM