Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Unable to install new module

By
Darcy Christ
on 4/25/16, 10:28 AM 364 views

Hi,

am unable to install a module (https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/sale_rental/). I've downloaded it and added it to odoo/openerp/addons. I am also tried odoo/addons.

I've turned on the Technical features, so I can see an Update Apps List under Apps, but it does not show up.

I've seen some instructions that I should see Local Modules, but I do not even have a section called Modules under Settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjRO-HbbNJE

Any advice is appreciated

I'm on v9

Darcy Christ
on 4/25/16, 10:34 AM

In version 9.0 "Local Modules" is also named "Apps", so you should see 2 times "Apps".

Ermin Trevisan
on 4/25/16, 11:31 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 4/25/16, 11:11 AM

This module has been made uninstallable because it is not ported to version 9.0 yet. Please read the description of the github page carefully. If you nevertheless want to make it installable, change the line

'installable': False,

to "True" in the file __openerp__.py

But do it on a test instance and make a backup before, you could probably experience all kind of nasty surprises.

installable is set to true, but the version is indeed 8. Does that need to be increased? { 'name': 'Rental', 'version': '8.0.0.1.0', 'category': 'Sales Management', 'license': 'AGPL-3', 'summary': 'Manage Rental of Products', 'author': 'Akretion', 'website': 'http://www.akretion.com', 'depends': ['sale_start_end_dates', 'stock'], 'data': [ 'sale_view.xml', 'stock_view.xml', 'rental_view.xml', 'rental_data.xml', 'wizard/create_rental_product_view.xml', 'product_view.xml', 'security/ir.model.access.csv', ], 'demo': ['rental_demo.xml'], 'installable': True, }

Darcy Christ
on 4/25/16, 11:18 AM

Also, any help on the directory or the lack of the Modules section under Settings, which includes Local Modules?

Darcy Christ
on 4/25/16, 11:19 AM

This is because the module depends on several other modules which are set to "uninstallable" too.

Ermin Trevisan
on 4/25/16, 11:33 AM

What you try to do here needs serious Odoo developing knowledge. If you have that knowledge, then you know the answer to your questions yourself. If not, I recommend you to refrain from such activities.

Ermin Trevisan
on 4/25/16, 11:43 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/25/16, 10:28 AM
Seen: 364 times
Last updated: 9/23/16, 10:00 AM