Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Unable to install any apps from app list

By
Mdnazeer
on 12/18/13, 5:58 AM 2,475 views

I am unable to install modules locally.When i click on install system asks for some login and once i login openerp.com is opened.how can i install the modules locally?

Please provide more info about what OS and what browsers you are using. When you initially start installing any module it'll ask you to log in to http://openerp.com and then it should automatically redirect to your local openerp. Also can you restart your openerp server and check the installed modules list.

ASP
on 12/18/13, 8:07 AM

My system details are windows xp-service pack 3,RAM-4 GB,Browsers- IE 7,Google chrome.I have restarted the open erp server service but in vain.system is not redirecting to local db.Will there be any firewall issue?Does it tries to access some site before installing the modules? i am able to access http://openerp.com completely.Do we need to allow the access for any other site?

Mdnazeer
on 12/18/13, 9:26 AM

Are you trying to access the OpenERP through the online sample or you actually downloaded and installed one on your machine with the required opensource database (postgresql)?

kaynis
on 12/18/13, 9:55 AM

i have downloaded the entire openerp_latest file from http ://nightly.openerp.com and installed the All in one option which installs both open erp application and Postgersql for open erp. I created the database called 'test' and successfully logged on to my local open erp server via http://localhost:8069/ option.System lists the modules but when i click install it redirects to openerp and my local session is no longer available.

Mdnazeer
on 12/18/13, 10:09 AM

i am waiting for the reply

Mdnazeer
on 12/19/13, 9:36 AM

Try this, it sometimes work. Select Clear and search base (hidden). Open it and upgrade. Then try installing from tree view. Can you check what the log file says? I should have asked you this first that may give you a clue to what is happening

kaynis
on 12/19/13, 10:24 AM

I am not able to find out the clear and base option.Can you please explain the steps for this.I checked the log it is not showing any error. The last line in the log is as follows.2013-12-19 06:15:12,233 3476 INFO test werkzeug: 127.0.0.1 - - [19/Dec/2013 06:15:12] "POST /web/dataset/call_kw HTTP/1.1" 200. it shows all the sequence from log in admin in test database to web client info .....etc and redirection to web.local installation is not shown

Mdnazeer
on 12/20/13, 7:53 AM

when you are in on the page where all the module are, there is an option to search for modules search base module and upgrade this module.

kaynis
on 12/20/13, 8:00 AM

Should i delete the installed base module before upgrade? When i search base module i am finding very few modules list and if i click 'install' the same openerp website showsup

Mdnazeer
on 12/20/13, 8:57 AM

I think you error is probably in the server configuration file in x:../OpenERP V7/server/openerp-server.conf

kaynis
on 12/20/13, 9:08 AM

what should i do ? i have re-installed many times.What should i change in conf file?In the conf folder only 4 files are available they are int.py,int.pyc,depreciation.py,depreciation.pyc. Is this the problem?

Mdnazeer
on 12/20/13, 10:37 AM

...\Program Files \OpenERP 7\Server\server then locate openerp-server.conf (a text file)

kaynis
on 12/20/13, 10:55 AM

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 12/20/13, 12:02 PM

You need a service contract (license) to use the APPS feature on the settings page.

If you have a service contract, contact your partner or openERP and they will be able to help you.

I am told that openerp is free to use ERP solution by OpenERP sales personnel.Is it not true? They told that i need not pay or have support contract to use it on my own and if i need customization then i would require partner's help for which there should be a valid support contract

Mdnazeer
on 12/23/13, 6:41 AM

You need to goto the installed modules menu item, delete the "installed" filter in the upper left to view every module on your system, then install it through that menu.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
on 12/23/13, 10:35 AM

if i delete the 'installed' option i am not getting the modules which i want.Meaning i want 'purchase management','warehouse management'.These modules are not listed.Only the base module,web,Google etc are listed.

Mdnazeer
on 12/24/13, 7:35 AM

what if you delete installed, type "warehouse" and press enter? When you change from kanban to list view, how many modules are listed total? If it is not several hundred then either you did not install the system properly or there is something wrong with the user permissions you are using.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
on 12/26/13, 1:23 PM
ASP
On 12/20/13, 11:28 AM

Seems like something somewhere has not been set up well, can you please try this :

-> Uninstall entire openERP and PostgreSQL

-> Reboot the system

-> Then first install PostgreSQL 9.3 separately (download it separately and install)

-> Install openERP 7 latest release from http://nightly.openerp.com

-> Reboot the system again and try it then.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/18/13, 5:58 AM
Seen: 2475 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM