This is for Windows:
- First, download and install wkhtmltopdf for your version of windows (32 bit or 64 bit).
- Once it's installed, go to Openerp/odoo and go to Settings> Users and click on your user
- Click edit and scroll down and look for "Technical Features" is enabled / checked.
- Click Apply, then log out of Odoo and then login
- Go to Settings again and now you should see several new technical menu items on the left
- Go to Settings -> Customization -> Parameters -> System Parameters
- Click Add and for Key insert : webkit_path
- For value insert: C:\Progra~1\wkhtmltopdf\bin\wkhtmltopdf.exe
- Apply and exit and restart Windows.
- After you do the above steps, go to System in Control Panel.
- Click on Advanced Settings. The System Properties window will pop up.
- In the "Advanced" Tab, Click on "Environment Variables".
- In the "System variables", scroll down until you find the "Path" variable and double click. !!!!!NOT user variables
- inside the "Variable value" field, add this to the end: ;C:\Program Files\wkhtmltopdf\bin
- Click OK and then reboot your system.
I hope this helps.
Eaither you installed your wkhtmltopdf from repository (and got version 0.9 ) or did not install it at all..
If installed from repo, you have to remove it first (apt-get purge wkhtmltopdf ) and then install from source or better yet..
from python pip... (if you don't have it: apt-get install python-pip on ubuntu servers)
and then : pip install wkhtmltopdf
Ubuntu official repos still holds version 0.9
odoo reporting needs at least version 0.12
pip install version 2.0 (if no version is specified)
hope it helps..