Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Unable to create a customer as an ordinary user when applying a Record rule in openerp7

on 10/23/13, 3:58 AM 688 views

I've the below requirement

• Ordinary user must be able to see all customers
  • Ordinary user must see only contacts created by themselves
  • Ordinary user must be able to create a new customer
  • Ordinary user must be able to create a new contact (under a customer)

I've the below domain filter

My Record Rule is

image description

My Problem is

I am unable to create a customer, contact as an ordinary user. But able to do the same as admin.

Error message i see is

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Partner, Operation: read)

I would like to know wt really happens when we apply a record rule with a domain filter. I've given full permission for partner object. But it says read permission doesn't exist. By disabling this record rule i am able to create a customer, contact as an ordinary user. Kindly suggest. Thanks for your time. :)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 10/23/13, 3:58 AM
Seen: 688 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM