Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
We are trying to boot POSBOX v13 or v12 on the Raspberry PI 3, so we can print receipt tickets originating from the Odoo POS application which runs on a separate 64-bit Ubuntu server. Receipt printer is connected through USB.
What we did:
1) download latest posbox image from: http://nightly.odoo.com/trunk/posbox/
2) unzip the downloaded image on windows
3) format the SD card using diskpart
4) use Win32DiskImager to write the img to an 8 GB SD card
5) ensure the printer is powered on, and connected to the RPI 3
6) insert the SD card in the RPI 3 and power on the RPI 3
1) The RPI 3 does not boot.
1) When using images like for example Noobs, Raspbian the RPI 3 worked like a charm on all the different SD cards.
1) Can POSBOX be installed or run on a RPI 3?
2) Is it because of 32bit or 64bit compatibility, As the older models were 32bit or the processors ARM are different from the older models?
Found another way but its not a POSBOX image.
We will try this on the Pi 3 and update here. Anybody else want to try here is the link below:
Hope to get more replies and point of view. As I think I'm not the only 1 trying to implement a POS system on the latest raspberry Pi 3. As older model especially the raspberry Pi 1 B+ was working. Unfortunately that model is not available in production or it is end of life.
Yes, I have as the same as problem. Hope we can have another posbox image. I had tried to build the new one but I was stuck.
- file posbox_download_images.sh -> seems repository: https://github.com/dhruvvyas90/qemu-rpi-kernel/raw/master/kernel-qemu had been change.
- He updated some new version of kenel here https://github.com/dhruvvyas90/qemu-rpi-kernel/
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 3/31/16, 2:57 AM|
|Seen: 3877 times|
|Last updated: 6/3/16, 10:05 PM|