Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

ubuntu unable to restart openerp-server

By
Prakash
on 5/28/13, 7:13 AM 10,475 views

ubuntu openerp 7 unable stop or restart server

open@erp:~$   sudo /etc/init.d/openerp-server stop
Stopping openerp-server: start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 14880: No such process
openerp-server.

And also not able to kill the process 14880

Clément THOMAS
On 5/28/13, 7:18 AM

I think OpenERP is not started.

Openerp server is running able to access in web-browser open@erp:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/openerp-server start Starting openerp-server: openerp-server.

Prakash
on 5/28/13, 7:21 AM

Yes but it works ? I think the script try to start openerp but openerp don't start. You should read logs.

Clément THOMAS
on 5/28/13, 7:23 AM

...Or try to launch OpenERP directly from python file (python path/to/openerp/bin/openerp-server.py)

Clément THOMAS
on 5/28/13, 7:24 AM

Please give me details cmd directly from python file

Prakash
on 5/28/13, 7:37 AM

Try this way cd /opt/openerp/server/ ./openerp-server -u username -d dbname

sridhar
on 5/28/13, 8:16 AM

just type clrl+c on your terminal window, where your openerp server is running

mihir shah
on 5/28/13, 12:13 PM

using this command cd /opt/openerp/server ./openerp-server Database Error Role does not exist. Using Sudo ./openerp server Running as user 'root' is a security risk, aborting. I tried to start openerp server SSH

Prakash
on 5/31/13, 6:54 AM

where is your server file... you using 6 or 7...

sridhar
on 5/31/13, 7:06 AM

Database name is case sensitive so put correct spelling...

sridhar
on 5/31/13, 7:09 AM

using version 7 -U username is the database Login Role is correct?

Prakash
on 5/31/13, 7:26 AM

look at pgagmin owner name is username: check it....

sridhar
on 5/31/13, 7:31 AM

Actually my requirement ubuntu server through SSH connection openerp Connect with Apache SSL. sudo /etc/init.d/openerp-server restart command used but unfortunately facing issues. Database login Role and Password not have.To Start the openerp-server through path is it needed? Is there any command to check login Role and Database available in postgresql?

Prakash
on 5/31/13, 7:33 AM

I used sudo psql its shows message role "root" does not exist

Prakash
on 5/31/13, 7:36 AM

if u start this way means openerp automatically start than what is the issue...

sridhar
on 5/31/13, 7:37 AM

./openerp-server -u sridharan -d Demo here sridharan is a pgadmin owner name, Demo is database username check it. Note: Put in the server path, cd /opt/openerp/server/

sridhar
on 5/31/13, 7:42 AM

using this command sudo /etc/init.d/openerp-server start browser not started log file shows error openerp.service: Hit CTRL-C again or send a second signal to force the shutdown. " Any other terminal not opened

Prakash
on 5/31/13, 7:50 AM

It is working or not, just restart ur system and try it.

sridhar
on 5/31/13, 7:55 AM

This is also one of the starting service way only, this is better way so choose this way...

sridhar
on 5/31/13, 7:57 AM

I restarted system but same issue sorry for the disturbance In the terminal using the cmd sssladmin@serp:/opt/openerp/server$ ./openerp-server -u openerp -d ssl [User Name and Data base name correctly mentioned] but shows error role "sssladmin" does not exist. I think need to run the command in the openerp user. so I tried su openerp in the default password 'openpgpwd' used but "Authentication failure"

Prakash
on 5/31/13, 9:31 AM

Is it correct to start the server with user su openerp can solve the problem?

Prakash
on 5/31/13, 10:31 AM

/opt/openerp/server ./openerp-server try this way now server is running or not

sridhar
on 6/1/13, 1:53 AM

using the cmd server is running but the client want to start server using the cmd sudo /etc/init.d/openerp-server start. using this command unable to restart. Issues failed to kill process [already ctr+c closed all the terminal and started the server using the /etc/init.d but unable to restart Kill Process cmd also failed to kill the process

Prakash
on 6/3/13, 6:10 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/28/13, 7:13 AM
Seen: 10475 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM