Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

turn off translation update

on 2/20/13, 4:24 AM 1,247 views

my assumption is that when you load a translation, it will act asa module , and when you update your module its also updates the translation.

Now we want to do some local tranlation, and we dont want the updates.

How can we turn this off?

If you need reasons: its orders from above.

The language in question is Hungarian

On 7/26/13, 6:50 AM

There is a problem in v6.0, and I suspect it's still there in v7.0 (not tested yet): when you manually change the name of a record that is installed by the module, in any other language but US English, and then you update the module, your new name is overwritten because the translation is reinstalled. I don't think you can turn this off for the moment. Lionel Sausin

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 2/20/13, 4:24 AM
Seen: 1247 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM