Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Trying to find the field which imports supplier´s info [Closed]

on 1/8/14, 12:38 PM 1,319 views

The Question has been closed

Ray Carnes
on 01/08/2014 17:37:20

When we go into Sales->Products You can see all the info about products, and under the procurements tab we can and should add a supplier for the product, right?

What I am trying to do is finding the correct field that imports from a CSV into that specific field, been trying many of the supplier options that we get when we export from OpenERP out to a CSV file and the fields either will not be recognized when I try to import it back or the field will be recognized but it will not add the supplier in the procurement tab after successfully importing my data.

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 1/8/14, 2:52 PM

You should export a record to see the structure of the CSV you need.

The MANDATORY fields you need for Supplier Info are:

You also need the product information.

A sample CSV that imports a new product with yourself as the Supplier would look like:

id                    your.xmlid
categ_id/id           product.product_category_all
cost_method           Standard Price
valuation             Periodical (manual)
name                  Name of Product
procure_method        Make to Stock
product_tmpl_id/id    {NULL}
type                  Stockable Product
uom_po_id/id          product.product_uom_unit
supply_method         Buy
uom_id/id             product.product_uom_unit
seller_ids/name/id    base.main_partner
seller_ids/delay      1
seller_ids/min_qty    1

Note: This file will work on runbot, the fields you need depend on your configuration choices.

I've uploaded a formatted CSV to http://www.filesnack.com/files/c7j075lj

Can you tell me where in the DB I can find the data that goes into seller_ids/name/id? I know the name of the partner but I do not know how to type it out so that OpenERP will recognize it.

EDIT:I imported it with base.main_partner and the name of our company appeared under "supplier" I typed it wrong in order to get an error and get the "all possible answers" prompt. After I found the company that I want I noticed it has "complete ID" and "record ID" aside from the name, gonna try with that.

EDIT2: using "completeID" for the specific company made the trick, thanks for all the help!

on 1/8/14, 3:39 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 1/8/14, 12:38 PM
Seen: 1319 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM