Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Trigger a button press through the API

By
Graham
on 11/26/15, 5:09 AM 530 views

I am trying to mimic a button press on a form through the API (xmlrpc). For example I have created a stock move and need to replicate the action of pressing the button 'Process Entirely' i.e. stock.move.action_done() passing the id of the required stock move record.

The two approaches I I have thought could work are: -

1. To create a workflow linked to the action_done action and then call the workflow through the API.

2. Create an Inherited version the stock.move module and expose the action_done method so its executable through the API.

Could tell me what the best 'Odoo' way of achieving the above would be and point me towards examples of this being done?

Graham
On 12/11/15, 9:45 AM

Scratch that, was making a workflow call instead of an execute to the API. Works fine now.

If you feel so inclined, post your code in your answer so if someone else wants to do this, they can benefit from what you learned.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 12/11/15, 5:18 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/26/15, 5:09 AM
Seen: 530 times
Last updated: 12/11/15, 9:45 AM