Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Trial Balance , Profit and Loss and Balance sheet not in sync

By
Sivakumar Varadharajan
on 5/17/13, 1:53 PM 1,191 views

Hi Experts, I have a strange problem in my Open ERP in the Accounting module.

I finished the FY 2012( Jan-12 to Dec -12) accounts and the reports under legal reports like trial balance, profit and loss and balance sheet were all in sync and no problem occured.

But, For FY 2013 ( Jan-13 to Dec-13), I tried to take out a profit and loss and balance sheet as 1st quarter end (i.e 31.3.2013). Oops!. The Profit and loss definitely does not show me the correct revenue or numbers. Same is the case with balance sheet.

However, my Trial balance is correct.

I tried checking individual account wise journal items. The trial balance seems to be correct.

What I noticed was that profit and loss a/c has balances till current date and not for quarter ending 31.3.2013 as selected in the filter while running the report. It even takes up April and May entries into the balance. For eg: My revenue from Jan-13 to Mar-13 is around Eur 30000/- This is correctly reflected in the trial balance. But in the Profit and Loss, revenue is showing as Eur 58000/- which is revenue till date.

The problem now is Open ERP is not recognising the Filter by date or Filter by Period for Profit and loss and Balance sheet.

Please help me resolve this problem

Regards Siva

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/17/13, 1:53 PM
Seen: 1191 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM