Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Translation with wrong language !

By
Laurent ROCHE
on 10/6/14, 5:13 AM 888 views

Hi,

I am using Odoo 8 (SAS version from odoo.com).

Why does the French translation contain some text in English ?

I can understand an empty translation but why copying the english text in the French translation ? That happens for quite a lot of text !

Cheers,
L@u

Laurent ROCHE
On 10/7/14, 1:39 PM

If you look for the term "Payment" in the translations you will see what I mean ("Payment" is not a French word)!

There are 51 so called translations in my version.

I am looking at the french translation file for the odoo server and I don't see one bad translation where they used the english word "Payment". I see seven translations of payment to "paiement" and five translations to the word "règlement". There are many untranslated instances of the "payment' however. Can you point directly to an instance? Again here is the direct link to the current french translation for odoo Server (not the website or modules) https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/8.0/openerp/addons/base/i18n/fr.po

Stephen Mack
on 10/7/14, 2:09 PM

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 10/6/14, 5:51 AM

The issue is that the French translation for odoo v8 is only 57% complete at the moment.  The default language is English and so if there is no translation, the system does not leave it blank it uses the default language: English.

You can help translate by clicking on the links below (click on the percentage for the subsystem you wish to translate).

06-October-2014
                                               (Percent of Translation Complete)
ODOO v8 Languages Files  Complete  Server Website  Addons
=================================================
French                                      56.8%    72.6%   86.5%   54.1%

Hi Stephen, I understand Odoo is not fully translated in French yet. What I don't understand is why for some fields the same text as in English is used in the translated text ! ? ! For other texts, it's either empty or the french translation that makes sense ... but for some text, the english text is repeated in the translation: that doesn't make any sense ! ! Cheers, L@u

Laurent ROCHE
on 10/6/14, 10:31 AM

Can you give me an example? This is the French odoo Server translation file; https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/8.0/openerp/addons/base/i18n/fr.po

Stephen Mack
on 10/6/14, 10:48 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/6/14, 5:13 AM
Seen: 888 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM