This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

I am using Odoo 8 (SAS version from odoo.com).

Why does the French translation contain some text in English ?

I can understand an empty translation but why copying the english text in the French translation ? That happens for quite a lot of text !

Cheers,
L@u

Discard
Best Answer

The issue is that the French translation for odoo v8 is only 57% complete at the moment.  The default language is English and so if there is no translation, the system does not leave it blank it uses the default language: English.

You can help translate by clicking on the links below (click on the percentage for the subsystem you wish to translate).

06-October-2014
                                               (Percent of Translation Complete)
ODOO v8 Languages Files  Complete  Server Website  Addons
=================================================
French                                      56.8%    72.6%   86.5%   54.1%

Discard
Author

Hi Stephen, I understand Odoo is not fully translated in French yet. What I don't understand is why for some fields the same text as in English is used in the translated text ! ? ! For other texts, it's either empty or the french translation that makes sense ... but for some text, the english text is repeated in the translation: that doesn't make any sense ! ! Cheers, L@u

Can you give me an example? This is the French odoo Server translation file; https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/8.0/openerp/addons/base/i18n/fr.po

Author Best Answer

If you look for the term "Payment" in the translations you will see what I mean ("Payment" is not a French word)!

There are 51 so called translations in my version.

Discard

I am looking at the french translation file for the odoo server and I don't see one bad translation where they used the english word "Payment". I see seven translations of payment to "paiement" and five translations to the word "règlement". There are many untranslated instances of the "payment' however. Can you point directly to an instance? Again here is the direct link to the current french translation for odoo Server (not the website or modules) https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/8.0/openerp/addons/base/i18n/fr.po