Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Translation to Spanish fail on some documents

By
Néstor Gómez Muñoz
on 1/20/15, 11:16 AM 374 views

Hello. I have an instance of Odoo 8 with English and Spanish MX as installed languajes. Most of screens and documents appear correctly translated to Spanish and, when is needed, I am able to modify the Translated Terms base and get the new translation with no problem.

However, I am facing a situation with the 'Request for Quotation' report, where all static text remains as English text with no translation. I have reviewed and even created new registers of Translated Terms with no successs. By instance, 'Shipping address :' is traslated as 'Dirección de envío :' but appears as the original one.

Source                     Translation value     Translated field Language                             Type

Shipping address :   Dirección de envío :    website               Spanish(MX)/Español(MX)   View

One of my tests was changing a word on the source document and add the translated term to the base, resulting on a correct translation for that word or phrase.

If any of you have experimented this issue or have any idea, I will appreciate your comments.

Regards.

I found that not all of source strings were created for all of the modules they appear in. I have to create new registers for strings, associated to other modules too.

Néstor Gómez Muñoz
on 1/27/15, 9:12 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/20/15, 11:16 AM
Seen: 374 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM