Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Translation of sql_constraints failed in odoo?

By
Alexei R. Acosta
on 1/22/15, 10:37 AM 564 views

Hi

I downloaded odoo allinone file installer hoping translations are fixed, but there still are some problems. Compute and related fields with store=False are not translated, we must put it manually in .po, I have no problem doing that at this moment.

But I'm facing a big problem because sql_constraints messages are not being translated. There are in .po but messages are shown in English. What can I do? Any one are facing this bug? I repeat, I'm talking about latest odoo allinone installer (Jan 5 2015)

Code example in .py:

_sql_constraints = [('name_uniq', 'unique(name)', _('Occupation name must be unique!'))]

Code example in .po:

#. module: af
#: sql_constraint:af.occupation:0
#, python-format
msgid "Occupation name must be unique!"
msgstr "¡El nombre debe ser único!"

Any help thanks in advanced!

Regards

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 1/22/15, 11:03 AM

See this issue and this commit  dated 27 Nov 2014. Compare your code with this commit, can you help.

Alexei R. Acosta
On 1/22/15, 2:14 PM

I don't have enought karma, so I cannot comment an answer.

Thanks zbik for your answer. I already saw that commit, and my current odoo version (25 Jan) already has those code changes. I don't know what to do to solve my problem. As a last resort, I could convert all _sql_constraints into odoo constrains functions, but it could take a lot of effort since I have several sql_constraints implemented.

Any idea? What can I do?

Thanks in advanced

I don't know. You add comment with detail description to issue or report new.

zbik
on 1/22/15, 2:39 PM

Some one know if this problem with sql_constraint messages translation is general or if it is only with Spanish language?

Alexei R. Acosta
on 1/23/15, 10:36 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/22/15, 10:37 AM
Seen: 564 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM