Odoo Help

3 Answers
Mark Luo
11/3/17, 1:13 AM

Language compatibility is always important for businesses operating accross the borders. We need to provide support for users using different language locales. English/Chinese translation support is the feature we need. 

Michael Yeung
5/29/17, 3:25 AM

This may help. https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/translation-of-related-field-in-odoo-95050

Moritz Berrenberg
8/12/13, 1:16 AM

ok i found under settings-> Database structure -> Fields the Field "Partner_Name" i wanted to edit it and check the checkbox Translatable but when i try to save it it says "Properties of base fields cannot be altered in this manner! Please modify them through Python code, preferably through a custom addon!"

I'm mot familiar with Python, so what is an easy solution to enable translation for Partner_name ?

Ask a Question
Keep Informed
3 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now