Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

translate header/footer

By
Tomas Parnarauskas
on 5/31/13, 6:41 AM 2,499 views

Hello, I want to translate default header that is configured in company settings Header/Footer. I don't see where I should go to translate such string as 'Phone:' and 'Mail:'.

same need, as the english words appear on Sales receipt given to customers; not able to find out where to change these same 2 words

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 5/31/13, 7:31 AM

Same problem here. How to translate the name of the fields "Phone :", "Email :", "Website :" and "TIN :" in the footer?

Footer code:

<para style="main_footer">Phone : [[ company.partner_id.phone or '' ]] - Email : [[ company.partner_id.email or '' ]] - Website : [[ company.partner_id.website or '' ]] - TIN : [[ company.partner_id.vat or '' ]]</para>
Alex Monso
on 7/30/13, 7:23 AM
Tomas Parnarauskas
On 7/30/13, 10:02 AM

As I got answer from developers, for now it seems there is no direct way to translate these values. You can either use one language (translate whole header in a language you want), or create module that overrides default header. So this way you can put header information in rml report which can be translated. But the bad part is that you may need to create custom module for every report you want to translate, overriding default header.

Alex Monso
On 7/30/13, 7:15 AM

Same problem here. How to translate the name of the fields "Phone :", "Email :", "Website :" and "TIN :" in the footer?

Footer code:

<para style="main_footer">Phone : [[ company.partner_id.phone or '' ]] - Email : [[ company.partner_id.email or '' ]] - Website : [[ company.partner_id.website or '' ]] - TIN : [[ company.partner_id.vat or '' ]]</para>

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/31/13, 6:41 AM
Seen: 2499 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM