This question has been flagged

Hello,

I am under Odoo 11 Community, This is my fiscal year end and I would like to transfer my "Profit (Loss) to report" containing my NET PROFIT/NET LOSS from the Profit and Loss report to the Reserve and Surplus account on my Balance sheet. How can I do that?

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Evans, go to the Invoicing --> Configuration --> Financial reports --> Account Reports and create a new record as "Reserve and Surplus "  with parent liability and type should be view. 

Then edit "Profit (Loss) to report" parent should be "Reserves and Surplus" and type "Report Value". Hope this help you.

Thanks and regards,

Dhivya.N

Discard
Author

Thanks Dhivya, but it's not exactly what I want. Maybe is my comprehension of Odoo that is wrong. I would like to know if it is possible to reset to 0 the "Profit (Loss) to report" when I generate a balance sheet after the last day of my fiscal year. Normally, in other accounting appllications, we generate a balance sheet only by specifying a date (we don't have to specify a date range including a start date). With Odoo, I think I need to specify a start date from my new fiscal year to generate my balance sheet with 0 as "Profit (Loss) to report". Does I'm right? If I have to specify a start date when I generate my balance sheet, I will have to create a journal entry at the first day of my new fiscal year with all account balances coming from last year. Does I'm right?