Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Tracking user ID at POS when there are multiple operators

By
Tim Norton
on 1/18/14, 10:32 AM 984 views

My POS like many stores will be a single cash draw, which is shared between several operators in the same open session.

Example: We have User1 who opens the store and creates a new POS session. They work 8am-1pm and go home User2 comes in at 11am-5pm and works at the same time as User1, on the same cash draw.

Ideally each user scans their ID barcode before starting a POS sale.

How can I track who entered which sales and can both users be logged in at the same time?

Jay Cooper
On 11/13/15, 4:44 AM

We've been using OpenERP v7 for some time, but also recently added an Odoo v9 installation and I can confirm that this feature is present in the new POS module -- simply tap the logged-in user's name at the top of the POS screen to switch the salesperson that the current sale is assigned to. In our instance, we open and close the session with a generic store user, but the floor staff switch to their name whenever they put a sale through. This allows us to track the effectiveness of each salesperson in retail clothing store.

Technically this should also be possible by scanning a barcode (follow the barcode nomenclature then add the barcode as the EAN in the salesperson's user card) but I could never get it to work under v7 and I have not yet tried it under v9.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/18/14, 10:32 AM
Seen: 984 times
Last updated: 11/13/15, 4:44 AM