This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Everything was working fine today, but after working with some access rules, the top navigation bar was replaced with the settings menu.

This is extremely bad as I can't figure out what might have changed. I deleted the access groups I had made even though I don't understand how it could have caused the issue. I don't have enough karma to post an image (ugh) so I can't show you what I mean. Basically the settings menu children all moved to the top nav and everything else went into the "More" dropdown.

Is there a default setting somewhere I'm missing? Or perhaps in the edit menus section, if someone has the default it is supposed to be.

EDIT: Also, whenever items are added to the left sidebar, they are no longer selectable, meaning I can't even get to Menu Items to see if there is some sort of problems.

EDIT: I see now in the example provided, the Access Rights group is the culprit. In order to hide the tech items from certain groups, the submenus for settings got deleted. The question is now, how do I get them to default? Mind you, I'm using the cloud service so I have no access to anything outside of the UI.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Since I had errors trying to import an ir.menu csv from a clean instance, I had to manually go through the UI->Menu Items and manually add Settings as a parent menu for all the items. It's back working as expected.

Discard