Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Too early for V8?

Luis Alberto Panozzo
on 7/1/14, 6:26 AM 853 views

We are going forward with Odoo as the ERP of choice. Target (but not drop-dead) deployment date is 1-1-15.

Sales, basic warehouse management, 4-company accounting (multicurrency) and, most likely, CRM. Nothing else to start with.

Would you feel comfortable going wtth V8? The Qweb and BI features seem quite enticing. But bug-chasing gives us pause.

Thank you in advance

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 7/1/14, 11:37 AM

The v8 is surely going to be stable in max 2 months and with the variety of features, you should definitely recommend your client to allow you to implement ERP in v8. It will be more than an ERP for him.

Sascha Pfeiffer
On 7/1/14, 7:30 AM

Tried the development version a couple of weeks ago. If I recall right, some bugs and the lack of modules made me downgrade to v7.

Akos Nadasdi
On 7/2/14, 5:32 AM

By Jan/15 you will have v9 at the front door. You would be deploying a product that's 2 major versions behind...

Martin Temmink
On 7/2/14, 6:01 AM

If you need to implemented know, I would recommended version 7 instead of v8.

Why? Because not everything is working 100%, still some modules are not ported yet.

But you have almost 6 months before you need to go live, so it's should be possible to go with v8. Offcourse you will encounter some problems, but within the time frame you give, it's possible to go around most of them, and ask for help from the community.

If you have an paid Odoo, i should not be worried and just go with v8. 

Thank you everyone for suggestions and insight. 

The lack of ported modules is another area of concern, specially the German localization which one of our companies will require. The other localizations are trivial.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 7/1/14, 6:26 AM
Seen: 853 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM