This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I've setup a nunber of events in our Odoo 8.0 system. These all display correctly in the events form on the backend. However any event falling in British Summer Time is show on the website with start and end times one hour behind those set in the backend.

I've tried changing the timezone settings on the user, the event and the system config and nothing seems to make the time on the website match the time in the backend.

We can change the backend time if we have to but this will get confusing for users having to remember that they are working in GMT / BST.

Any help would be greatly apprichiated.

Thanks

Discard

@Kieran, Just a hunch, it may have something to do with your server's system time settings. Please post back here with what system time settings you have setup as this may help in the troubleshooting process.

Author

@Luke - Think I may have solved this one. I set the Public User timezone to Europe\London as well and that seems to have now given the correct display time for all events. The server timezone is set to UTC. With the events and the user timezone all being set to Europe\lLondon.

@Kieran, Good to hear you've figured it out.

Best Answer

You need to set the timezone for the Public user. By default the public user is hidden, so enable it in the datase, apply timezone and hide the public user:

su postgres  
psql
\c <database>

update res_users set active = True where login = 'public' ;

Under settings, users, clear the filter and apply correct timezone to the public user.

Hide public user after that:

update res_users set active = False where login = 'public' ;
 \q

Discard

Hi I am having this same issue on an event website I am trying to set up, but I have odoo online, how do I enable the public user?