Does anyone know the process for getting the timezone to reflect Daylight Savings Time? I see mixed results between different installs, but more than one did not make this change seamlessly.
- All servers are v6.0.3 or 6.0.4 running on either Ubuntu or Debian.
- All of the os's are aware of the correct time, per bash date command.
- All of the openerp servers are getting their timezone setting from /etc/timezone, which is sourced by tools/main.py/detect_server_timezone()
- Restarting the openerp server process does not resolve it.
- In the effected database, pgsql now() is correct.
- Rebooting the ubuntu server does not resolve it.
- Changing the timezone in the logged in users Preferences tab from America/New_York to EST5EDT or empty does not resolve it.
- I wonder if this could be related. I cannot post links yet, but this is a url at stack overflow. -> converting-timezone-aware-date-string-to-utc-and-back-in-python
Ok, have a solution. Time zone America/New_York does not flag as is_dst for some reason, neither does EST5DST, however, when I use just plain EST, the correct time is returned.
I checked my version of pytz installed an it was 2010b. I used pip to upgrade it to 2013b, but that did not fix America/Yew_York.
Not sure if this is a pytz issue or oerp issue. For v6.0, not sure if it is worth taking further.
About This Community
|Asked: 3/15/13, 11:32 AM|
|Seen: 1777 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|