Odoo Help

Timezone does not update for DST on v6

By
Steve Romanow
on 3/15/13, 11:32 AM 2,102 views

Does anyone know the process for getting the timezone to reflect Daylight Savings Time? I see mixed results between different installs, but more than one did not make this change seamlessly.

Scenarios:

• All servers are v6.0.3 or 6.0.4 running on either Ubuntu or Debian.
  • All of the os's are aware of the correct time, per bash date command.
  • All of the openerp servers are getting their timezone setting from /etc/timezone, which is sourced by tools/main.py/detect_server_timezone()

Troubleshooting:

• Restarting the openerp server process does not resolve it.
  • In the effected database, pgsql now() is correct.
  • Rebooting the ubuntu server does not resolve it.
  • Changing the timezone in the logged in users Preferences tab from America/New_York to EST5EDT or empty does not resolve it.
  • I wonder if this could be related. I cannot post links yet, but this is a url at stack overflow. -> converting-timezone-aware-date-string-to-utc-and-back-in-python
Rohit Thakral
On 3/19/13, 1:46 PM

Interesting information Steve!!

Steve Romanow
On 3/19/13, 11:25 AM

Ok, have a solution. Time zone America/New_York does not flag as is_dst for some reason, neither does EST5DST, however, when I use just plain EST, the correct time is returned.

I checked my version of pytz installed an it was 2010b. I used pip to upgrade it to 2013b, but that did not fix America/Yew_York.

Not sure if this is a pytz issue or oerp issue. For v6.0, not sure if it is worth taking further.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/15/13, 11:32 AM
Seen: 2102 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM