Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Timezone does not update for DST on v6

By
Steve Romanow
on 3/15/13, 11:32 AM 1,781 views

Does anyone know the process for getting the timezone to reflect Daylight Savings Time? I see mixed results between different installs, but more than one did not make this change seamlessly.

Scenarios:

• All servers are v6.0.3 or 6.0.4 running on either Ubuntu or Debian.
  • All of the os's are aware of the correct time, per bash date command.
  • All of the openerp servers are getting their timezone setting from /etc/timezone, which is sourced by tools/main.py/detect_server_timezone()

Troubleshooting:

• Restarting the openerp server process does not resolve it.
  • In the effected database, pgsql now() is correct.
  • Rebooting the ubuntu server does not resolve it.
  • Changing the timezone in the logged in users Preferences tab from America/New_York to EST5EDT or empty does not resolve it.
  • I wonder if this could be related. I cannot post links yet, but this is a url at stack overflow. -> converting-timezone-aware-date-string-to-utc-and-back-in-python
Steve Romanow
On 3/19/13, 11:25 AM

Ok, have a solution. Time zone America/New_York does not flag as is_dst for some reason, neither does EST5DST, however, when I use just plain EST, the correct time is returned.

I checked my version of pytz installed an it was 2010b. I used pip to upgrade it to 2013b, but that did not fix America/Yew_York.

Not sure if this is a pytz issue or oerp issue. For v6.0, not sure if it is worth taking further.

Rohit Thakral
On 3/19/13, 1:46 PM

Interesting information Steve!!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/15/13, 11:32 AM
Seen: 1781 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM