This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello everyone,

i am using Odoo V9 to manage the timesheet of my employees. we are consultants and we are not working in hours but in days. how can i manage to enter the working days instead of hours ? we are not using project module but we are placing days against contracts to invoice.

i can manage to enter 1 hour instead of 1 day in the timesheet but if we are working 0,5 days, we have issues to invoice correctly.

is there a way to change the UOM from hour to day in the timesheet OR to convert the number of hours in the timesheet in days when we are invoicing the customer ? i do not want to enter hours in the contract as we are selling a number of days.

thanks in advance for your feedback.

regards,

Yann

Discard
Best Answer

I just came across this old question while searching the same scenario.  I charge for day rates, and pay my people on day rates for field work.  I found out I could put a new Unit Of Measure as "Day Hour(s)" and set the factor to 12hrs (our day in actual hours).  The "Hour(s)" unit of measure has a Factor of 8 with its parent UoM of "Days".

Not sure if this helps anyone in the future.  It's not ideal.  I'd like to change the TImesheet Module to define a unit of measure explicitly.

Discard