Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Timeout for database on a different server behind a proxy

By
David
on 6/24/15, 3:04 PM 1,094 views

Hello,

we are trying to run an Odoo instance connecting to a database located on a different server, and behind a proxy (HAProxy).

This would be:

Odoo =====> Internet =====> HAProxy ==> PostgreSQL

Everything works fine, except that after a certain time, I get an error:

File "/usr/local/openerp/openerp-buildout/parts/odoo/openerp/sql_db.py", line 499, in borrow
cnx.reset()
DatabaseError: SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected

This is certainly due to the proxy terminating the connection after a certain amount of time.

So my questions are:
Isn't there a way to check the connection before trying to use/reset it?
Wouldn't it be a bad practice to set a very high timeout on the proxy (1 hour for instance)? But I think that even after one hour, the same error will be raised.

Thank you!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/24/15, 3:04 PM
Seen: 1094 times
Last updated: 6/24/15, 3:04 PM