Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Time is different in openerp interface and postgresql database! I want display the value stored in postgresql to my openerp interface. How can i do that?

By
rosey
on 5/2/15, 8:01 AM 602 views

I have a datetime field in my openerp. I'm inserting values through web service into the postgresql database.

Datetime values in the database is correct, but in the openerp interface it shows different.

How can i solve the issue? I tried my ways, but no use.

Not a bug... Dates in postgre are in UTC, and date in Web interface are in timezone of the current user...

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 5/2/15, 11:16 AM

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 4 9
Pondicherry, India
--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--

Passionate coder in Python/OpenERP. Knows Django/Flask MVC frameworks. Did code in Java, PHP.

Contact me at: dvdhinesh.mail@gmail.com

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
On 5/2/15, 11:39 AM

That is a intended behavior. Datetime stored in postgres will be in UTC format and datetime shown in web interface will be based on current logged in user browser's timezone. By this way that the datetime will stays consistent in db for all user's. You can change the user timezone to UTC in order get the same result.

Any another solution to display the same value datetime saved in postgresql database.

rosey
on 5/4/15, 8:02 AM

I set time zone to UTC but no change. The value in database & interface are different

rosey
on 5/4/15, 8:03 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/2/15, 8:01 AM
Seen: 602 times
Last updated: 7/25/15, 12:34 AM