Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

There is no reference available for res.partner.address

By
sureshparthasarathy
on 11/15/13, 12:43 AM 3,036 views

I installed base_sale_multichannels modules. I got the error "There is no reference available for res.partner.address" . How to fix this error in openerp7.

you are trying to use an old module (v6) on a v7 instance. So, you may face several difficulties is this module has not been ported to v7

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
on 11/16/13, 3:08 AM

Remya

--Remya--
| 7 8 8
Thiruvananthapuram, India
--Remya--

Working as an Senior ODOO developer. http://in.linkedin.com/pub/remya-r/69/a23/298

Remya
On 11/15/13, 1:16 AM

In openerpv7 res.partner.address model is changed as res.partner.

You just have to change res.partner.address to res.partner

sureshparthasarathy
On 11/16/13, 12:23 AM

Am a new person in openerp, Can you mention the file name for change from res.partner.address to res.partner.

You have change this in which module you are trying to install. i think it is base_sale_multichannels you are trying to install.

Remya
on 11/16/13, 12:51 AM

i changed the sales.py and sales.xml files in multichannels module but it's not working...

sureshparthasarathy
on 11/16/13, 12:54 AM

let me know the what is the next error you are facing!

Remya
on 11/16/13, 1:13 AM

Client Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/http.py", line 204, in dispatch response["result"] = method(self, *self.params) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 1132, in call_button action = self._call_kw(req, model, method, args, {}) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 1120, in _call_kw return getattr(req.session.model(model), method)(args, **kwargs) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/session.py", line 42, in proxy result = self.proxy.execute_kw

sureshparthasarathy
on 11/16/13, 1:19 AM

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 876, in create_instance 'You may need to add a dependency on the parent class\' module.' % (name, parent_name)) TypeError: The model "external.report" specifies an unexisting parent class "external.report" You may need to add a dependency on the parent class' module.

sureshparthasarathy
on 11/16/13, 1:20 AM

'depends': ['sale', 'base_external_referentials', 'account_voucher', 'delivery'] did you install these modules?

Remya
on 11/16/13, 2:04 AM

Yes, I installed all the dependency.

sureshparthasarathy
on 11/16/13, 2:11 AM

can you provide the link for v7 multichannels module.

sureshparthasarathy
on 11/16/13, 4:39 AM

i installed all the dependency modules...

sureshparthasarathy
on 11/19/13, 12:19 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/15/13, 12:43 AM
Seen: 3036 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM