Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Theme Clean work only with certain user rights? /bin/bash access?

By
Tobias Frankl
on 1/10/15, 6:13 AM 1,080 views

update 11.01:

starting odoo with the system user from the shell results in a working website.

$ ./openerp-server -c /etc/odoo-server.conf

starting odoo as a service results in a scrambled website.

- same config file used in the service demon

so my problem is solved with a workaround, but I am still puzzled whats going on?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original question

I installed my copy of theme clean. I also installed less less-plugin-clean-css.

If I start my server with the "odoo" user (Sourcerer Install) and I go to the website the format is totaly scrambled. No formating.

If I start the server with the "user" in the comandline with the same config file, the website works.

Is this something with access rights or that the "odoo" user has no bash.

Somebody else with this? What to do?

odoouser:

odoo@sterbhai-odoo8rc:~$ id
uid=118(odoo) gid=127(odoo) Gruppen=127(odoo)

user:

sterbhai@sterbhai-odoo8rc:~$ id
uid=1000(sterbhai) gid=1000(sterbhai) Gruppen=1000(sterbhai),4(adm),24(cdrom),27(sudo),30(dip),46(plugdev),108(lpadmin),124(sambashare),127(odoo),999(vboxsf)

I added already a bash to odoo:

sudo usermod -s /bin/bash odoo

/etc/passwd:

odoo:x:118:127::/opt/odoo:/bin/bash

sterbhai:x:1000:1000:sterbhai,,,:/home/sterbhai:/bin/bash

I dont see where the difference is, so that the server executes the website different....

@Tobias, I'd recommend checking this github issue: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/4604

Luke Branch
on 1/10/15, 9:34 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/10/15, 6:13 AM
Seen: 1080 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM