Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

The product catalog is managed in OpenERP and pushed on magento

By
bernscheinder
on 1/22/14, 8:45 AM 1,866 views

Hi all,

How to do this with the camptocamp new generation connector?

Is these module in status in "development" works?

sincerly, bbs

Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp

--Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp--
| 6 7 8
Lausanne, Switzerland
--Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp--

Guewen works at Camptocamp as an Odoo developer since 2010. He is the lead developer of the Odoo Connector framework and the Magento Connector. He is a delegate member of the OCA, a committer and an active contributor to the OCA projects.

Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp
On 1/28/14, 1:12 PM

Hi,

The push of the catalog to Magento is in development and is not usable yet.

My personal advise is that, excepted for very good reasons, it is always preferable to manage the products in Magento.

Some of the drawbacks I see when managing the products from OpenERP:

• it brings a LOT of complexity to handle the attributes, the types of products, ...
  • it will never be possible to support all the possibilities that Magento allows (advanced bundle products, ...)
  • it brings a lot of data in OpenERP (all the attributes, images ...) but they are not used in OpenERP
  • users often need to connect anyway in the Magento's backend to update some attributes (wysiwyg description, ...)

The only valid reasons I can see to manage the catalog from within OpenERP is if products are exported to many different backends / market places and OpenERP is used as a PIM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/22/14, 8:45 AM
Seen: 1866 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM