Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

The period is invalid. Either some periods are overlapping or the period's dates are not matching the scope of the fiscal year.

By
kim
on 6/18/13, 10:11 PM 3,444 views

My Fiscal Years i put cross year which is 1/7/2012- 30/6/2013 after i save. I go set default tax from Settings> Configuration > Accouting it show this warning message

"The period is invalid. Either some periods are overlapping or the period's dates are not matching the scope of the fiscal year."

but when i change to like in same years will no problem. do they have any solution for this problem?

Virali
On 4/26/16, 3:09 AM

Hii kim,

I have same issue while creating new database and installing my module. got error.

-- in depends modules - sale, account 

Mariano Ruiz
On 10/9/14, 3:38 PM

I had the same problem creating a new database with the demo data.

Solution: restore the file 'addons/account/demo/account_demo.xml' from the Git repository to the revision eed1a93 before install the account module.

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 6/19/13, 12:27 AM

I found this same problem when setting up a new database - one of the set up wizards is getting confused. I resolved by deleting the year/periods and let the system set up as part of the wizard, then change as required once all the required set up is done.

After i deleted the year/periods and how to let system set up as part of the wizard?

kim
on 6/19/13, 12:51 AM

either it will do it as part of your accounting setup process, or if it does not you can just re-create under accounting/configuration

Solnet Solutions Limited, Kevin McMenamin
on 6/19/13, 12:54 AM

tested still the same no matter i create new database also the same, still get the same error.

kim
on 6/19/13, 1:47 AM

so have you deleted the periods and year and then finished your set up?

on 6/19/13, 1:50 AM

yup i deleted periods and year after that recreate and also when create new database i directly install accounting and setup the periods and year also is not working

kim
on 6/19/13, 3:58 AM

what you need to do is 1) install the new database 2) delete the periods/years created 3) complete the accounting setup, then 4) go back and check/update your years/periods. If you have followed these steps and still having a problem then I am not sure what is happening.

on 6/19/13, 6:14 PM
Steven Segers
On 2/2/14, 3:42 AM

There is a bug-report on launchpad about this problem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1103854. The last comment points out that it was fixed on 2013-05-08. If you still run into the issue (like I just did) you need to update the account module.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/18/13, 10:11 PM
Seen: 3444 times
Last updated: 4/26/16, 5:16 AM