Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

The name of this POS Session must be unique!

pos
By
Maarten Sarkol
on 10/15/13, 6:47 PM 1,120 views

Hello, I'm new to OpenERP so excuse me if this is a stupid question or one answered in any documentation. But just not knowing why this message pops up is just bugging me.

After creating a 'Point of Sales' called Test and using it under 'Daily Operations' > 'Your Session' > 'Start Selling' with 'Point of Sales' Test selected I'm redirected to the cash register sell some goods en click close in the top right of the page. I'm sent back to the 'Point of Sales' page and click 'Close Session' the on the next screen I click 'Validate Closing & Post Entries' Until now this all succeeds without any trouble. Then when I'm trying to again click 'Start Selling' with 'Point of Sales' Test Selected I get the message

Constraint Error

The name of this POS Session must be unique !

I some how thought that I should look under 'Accounting' > 'Journal Entries' then 'Journal Items' or 'Journal Entries' but couldn't do anything here to solve the problem or I didn't try the right thing.

I can't figure out why this message occurs or how to solve it. does anyone know this? or can someone point me into the right direction.

Each time a session has been closed and validated, you need to create a new one. One session per workind day or week if you prefer.

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 10/15/13, 8:09 PM
Imran
On 11/28/13, 3:40 AM

On a particular DB of point of sales, You cant log-in to a session from two or more users. Only one user can avail point of sales session at a time.

check weather multi user is logged in in your point of sales database called Test

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/15/13, 6:47 PM
Seen: 1120 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM