Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

The long text (product description) not inserted in quotes/SO

By
Marc Wagener
on 5/24/13, 5:25 PM 2,244 views

I have products with InternalCode, ProductName and a Description. When I create a quote and chose a product the Description isn't inserted in my quote! Is this normal, or a bug? or what is wrong in my setup OpenERP 7.0 thanks regards

I'm missing the long text as well...

Travelping GmbH, Holger Winkelmann
on 6/27/13, 2:52 PM

any news on this front? is nobody using long text descriptions for Quotes etc?

Travelping GmbH, Holger Winkelmann
on 10/19/13, 11:55 AM

I would be interested to know too. When I create a quote the field named 'Product' contains both product name and internal reference as does the field named 'Description'. This doesn't seem right to me.

Nick Davies
on 12/2/13, 7:14 AM
Marc Wagener
On 12/3/13, 5:28 AM

it's depending how you use the products. check this:

in the selected product view you have a tab (sales) 'Ventes' in my fr version. There is a field description for sales (Description pour les devis) This content is used in a sales order so for me thats ok

This does not work for me. I filled in the "Description for Quotations" field in the product. When I create a new SO line the description is still only filled with the product name. How can I solve this? My OpenERP version is 7.0-20140102-002458

ilexius GmbH
on 1/29/14, 1:46 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/24/13, 5:25 PM
Seen: 2244 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM