Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

The following fields are invalid: Account Receivable Account Payable

By
COLDAMP ELECTRONICS SL
on 4/11/14, 9:48 AM 8,892 views

While creating a new "Quotation and sales" for a customer that is a contact in a Company, I receive this message:

"The following fields are invalid: Account Receivable Account Payable"

But both of them are ok.

Why?

If you have enabled multi companies it may be that you need to configure the other company accounts...just a suggestion but may not be the issue so you may need to check your logs...

William Crandell
on 4/11/14, 9:59 AM

Thank you for your suggestion, William, but there is only one company.

COLDAMP ELECTRONICS SL
on 4/22/14, 4:55 PM

Finally, I fixed the problem:

1. Removed company from contact customer.

2. Added accounting fields in customer.

3. Added again company to contact customer.

This way, OpenERP was able to manage it right.

I don't mind, but it is quite confusing, because if a customer has a linked company, he/she should be able to use company accounts, not user ones.

Nehal

--Nehal--
| 5 2 8
Ahmadabad, India
--Nehal--
Nehal
On 4/11/14, 9:58 AM

Have you configured well Accounting Payable and Accounting Receivable? Accounting Payable account should have internal type and account type as Payable , and Account Receivable account should have internal type and account type as Receivable.

Payable was ok. Account Receivable had "Regular" as "Internal type". I changed it, but the problem is still there. The error says that there is a company for that contact, and you must change accounting in the company, not in the contact. But as I say, company accounting is now ok.

COLDAMP ELECTRONICS SL
on 4/22/14, 4:58 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/11/14, 9:48 AM
Seen: 8892 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM