This question has been flagged
2 Replies

While creating a new "Quotation and sales" for a customer that is a contact in a Company, I receive this message:

"The following fields are invalid: Account Receivable Account Payable"

But both of them are ok.

Why?

Discard

If you have enabled multi companies it may be that you need to configure the other company accounts...just a suggestion but may not be the issue so you may need to check your logs...

Author

Thank you for your suggestion, William, but there is only one company.

Author Best Answer

Finally, I fixed the problem:

1. Removed company from contact customer.

2. Added accounting fields in customer.

3. Added again company to contact customer.

This way, OpenERP was able to manage it right.

I don't mind, but it is quite confusing, because if a customer has a linked company, he/she should be able to use company accounts, not user ones.

Discard

"2. Added accounting fields in customer." -- how do you do this? I don't have any accounting links on the customer itself

Best Answer

Have you configured well Accounting Payable and Accounting Receivable? Accounting Payable account should have internal type and account type as Payable , and Account Receivable account should have internal type and account type as Receivable.

Discard
Author

Payable was ok. Account Receivable had "Regular" as "Internal type". I changed it, but the problem is still there. The error says that there is a company for that contact, and you must change accounting in the company, not in the contact. But as I say, company accounting is now ok.

Please explain how to do this.