Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Technical name of the user group xml id

By
Vinod Kumar
on 3/10/16, 2:06 AM 452 views

Where technical name of the user groups will be stored in odoo

If you ask for xml_id, table is ir_model_data (name field)

Diego Vázquez
on 3/10/16, 2:21 AM

Thanks for answer i have created user group form front end when i open res groups table its not displaying technical name i am also searched in ir_model_data its not available

Vinod Kumar
on 3/10/16, 2:25 AM

for example base.group_sale_manager is technical name of the sales manager group, this technical name where will be stored

Vinod Kumar
on 3/10/16, 2:28 AM

If you create group from frontend (or any other object), i understand it will not have xml_id and will not be stored on ir_model_data

Diego Vázquez
on 3/10/16, 2:36 AM

i have given an example above group technical name "base.group_sale_manager" where it is stored

Vinod Kumar
on 3/10/16, 2:39 AM

when i export data from groups tree view i got technical name but its not displaying in database

Vinod Kumar
on 3/10/16, 2:41 AM

I told you, and repeat: table is ir_model_data (name field store 'group_sale_manager' and module field store 'base'). All right?

Diego Vázquez
on 3/10/16, 2:44 AM

Thank you so much for your response

Vinod Kumar
on 3/10/16, 2:50 AM

That's all right

Diego Vázquez
on 3/10/16, 2:57 AM

Hello sri, In my live server we had created user group from front end i want to access that group in my xml how can i use

Vinod Kumar
on 3/10/16, 4:13 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/10/16, 2:06 AM
Seen: 452 times
Last updated: 3/10/16, 2:09 AM