Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Taxes wrong

By
Ernesto Fabian Rodriguez Coimbra
on 8/2/16, 6:39 PM 242 views

Hello,

using the orignal setup from odoo (free) and activating the tax to be included in the price 3% and 13% the Total is always wrong 3% is 2.91 and 13% is 11.17  from a price of 100

could someone knows how to fix this?

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 8/3/16, 3:19 AM

You should fix your mathematical brain! :-)

If you have a price of 100 including 3% tax, then 100 = x * (100% + 3%), so x = 100 / 103% => x = 97.087379 and tax = 100 - x => tax = 2.91

If you want to apply more than 1 tax rate, you have to specify if an applied tax should affect the base of subsequent taxes, means if the subsequent tax should be applied to the original net amount plus the previous tax or again to the original net amount:

But don't worry, you are not the first one in this forum with the same problem ;-)

Ermin Trevisan
on 8/3/16, 3:22 AM

Thanks, that was very enlighten, but still have some doubt, we use 2 taxes so, when not including taxes in the prices: I got (price 100 and taxes 3% and 13%) 116.39

can you guess where the 0.39 is coming from?

on 8/8/16, 12:45 PM

Again, this is very easy: you did calculate 100 * 103% = 103 * 113% = 116.39.

Ermin Trevisan
on 8/9/16, 2:29 AM

This means you either did check "Included in Price" for the first tax (3%) and/or did check "Affect Base of Subsequent Taxes" for the first tax. See my amended answer and thank you very much for flagging it as an answer and upvoting it.

Ermin Trevisan
on 8/9/16, 2:41 AM

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 7 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 8/2/16, 11:24 PM

If you are seeing that in a report or analysis view you need to check your currency rate that need to be set it to 1 because Odoo does an currency convert between rates to display those values. Check the currency at your company form configuration, modify the rate to 1 and you will be ok

Thanks, all is set in BOB and 1, should be something else

on 8/8/16, 12:47 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/2/16, 6:39 PM
Seen: 242 times
Last updated: 8/3/16, 3:19 AM