This question has been flagged
7 Replies

Can anyone help me with an Odoo tax calculation issue?

I have a product listed in an invoice for NT$1440 with a 5% inclusive tax. Odoo calculates that as a cost price of NT$1368, with NT$32 tax. But actually simple math shows tax included at 5% should result in a cost price of NT$1371 and NT$29 tax.

This appears to be more than a simple rounding issue, as the difference is NT$3.

I've seen some mention in previous discussions of a bug/conflict occurring when tax included is used as well as global rounding, but I cannot find the global rounding option listed anywhere in my Odoo installation. I also would like tax to be rounded to whole numbers but I cannot find this option either.

Can anyone help?

Running Odoo 10.0-20170531 (Community Edition)

Discard
Author

Does anyone have any kind of guidance - I can't be the only one facing this issue? Odoo is otherwise a fantastic tool, but if simple calculations can't work then I can't use it!

hi, problem is in sale order or invoice? the default tax rate is 5% or other? is there any product was setting with other tax rate?

Author

Hi Fanha - the problem is in occurring in both sales orders and invoices. For instance if I look at a current sales order item, it is showing a total price of $1920 broken down as cost $1824/tax $96. The correct calculation is cost $1829/tax $91 (when rounded).

Author

The default tax rate is 5% excluded, but for some clients they have negotiated an inclusive price. All items in the sales orders and invoices are taxed the same - 5% tax inclusive.

Author Best Answer

It appears it was a simple setting that was causing the issue.

Under the 5% inclusive tax settings I had chosen both Percentage of Price Tax Included under Tax Computation, and also checked Included in Price under Advanced Options. Changing the Tax Computation to Percentage of Price resolved the issue.

Discard

Can you please explain with an example, please?

Best Answer

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/13.0/orderline_tax_info/

Discard
Best Answer

What I did was:

I noticed that I had Tax Computation under Taxes set as Percentage of Price Tax Included. I changed it to Percentage of Price and all came back to normal. I hope this works for you?

Discard