Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

tax based on partner instead of product? [Closed]

By
Vivekrajan
on 4/15/13, 4:19 PM 1,229 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 05/28/2013 18:58:02

My client is owning door manufacturing company. They actually define the tax for each customer not the product. Is it possible to have this feature without affecting the standard accounting flow? Is this a standard somewhere? Is there any standard way of having this tax based on partner.?

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 4/15/13, 11:52 PM

This is done via the FISCAL POSITION of the partner.

A fiscal position is associated on a 'per partner' basis, and then copied to all relevant sale orders and then to invoices.

Accounting -> Configuration --> Taxes --> Fiscal Positions

A video explaining how to set these up is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Yip6zfZzw

Hi Ray, Thanks for your answer.

Vivekrajan
on 5/27/13, 7:27 AM

But when i update, it will not reflect in Customer tax field.

Remya
on 8/2/13, 2:33 AM

Changes will only been seen for NEW documents. New orders, and new invoices. OpenERP doesn't go back and change historical documents.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/2/13, 3:12 AM

@Ray. I created a new customer. And created a fiscal position from the above link. Select the fiscal position name in customer, accounting tab. Then created a new sale order, but no effect. Please provide any document or tutorial. "How can we set tax % to a partner?" First i solved by this. But i cant solve in the screen shot provided in the question.

Remya
on 8/2/13, 3:27 AM

@Remya. I suggest you create a new question. Document the steps you complete with screenshots so readers can understand what "no effect" means. Explain what you are doing and what you expect.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/2/13, 3:02 PM

@Ray. "How to set tax and discount for a customer?" Please check this question. I updated my requirement

Remya
on 8/3/13, 2:37 AM

@Ray. Kindly please help me i'm in a trouble situation.

Remya
on 8/3/13, 2:38 AM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/15/13, 4:19 PM
Seen: 1229 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM