Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Tax Base column in Invoice -> Other info

on 3/27/14, 3:49 AM 1,574 views

Hi friends,

Well i found some thing weird when playing around with the taxes. We have defined a service tax A with two child taxes B and C with respective percentages and required configurations. When selected the parent tax A in the customer invoice the amounts getting calculated correctly with child taxes accurately. No issues here. Journal entries also getting created correctly. But when we switch to the other info tab (present in both customer and supplier invoice form views) the Tax base column shows a wrong value irrelevant to the actual amounts. I have further analysed and found that it just multiplies the base amount as per the number of chil tax lines we have defined, Eg: if there are 2 child tax this column shows t value multiplied twice, if there are 3 its multiplied 3 rice and so on. Ideally how many child taxes would be present the base amount for calculation should not change.

Is this a default bug in OE view or am i missing out some thing or it can be corrected by an effort?

Post your suggestions and experiences friends.

Good day all! Muthunaveen

Sébastien Lang
On 11/10/14, 7:14 PM

Hi there,

I just found the explanation and a correct way of doing this based on my limitted understanding of accounting but I guess it's a valid solution. The explanation is mainly because in your tax definitions, both taxes uses the same invoice tax account.

First, you need to know that I was having this situation with the computation of 2 taxes. Here in Quebec there's 2 taxes (TPS and TVQ) that needs to be computed on the same base.

After setting all my products to use both TPS and TVQ by default, I needed to go in accounting->configurations->accounts and duplicate the account 121000 - Tax Received into 2 new accounts 121001 - Tax Received TPS asn 121002 - Tax Received TVQ. Then, for each tax in my accounting->configurations->taxes->taxes screen I set its corresponding account and bingo, the problem was solve.

Now, in the tax section of all my invoices, I can see 2 lines (one for each tax) that uses the same and correct base and the amounts are using the correct tax rate.

*Note: Be careful about the sequece number in both taxes definitions as it also reflects how it's rendered on your invoices.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/27/14, 3:49 AM
Seen: 1574 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM