Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Tasks in custom module

By
Shaun Dawson
on 6/14/13, 8:05 PM 1,233 views

I have a custom module, and I'd like to do the following two things:

1. When an object gets into a particular state, automatically create a project.task item.
  2. When the task is Done, send a signal to my custom object workflow (to send it into the next state)

I know how to do #1 (by calling self.pool.get('project.task').create in my state action function). But, any idea how to do #2?

Keyur

--Keyur--
| 4 4 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Keyur--

Odoo Expert

Keyur
On 6/15/13, 4:05 AM

Hi Shaun,

You can overwrite task done method in your custom module. Then you can do your code that change the state of your object to next state or call a workflow that change your next state.

Suppose task is done in action_close method. So you can overwrite action_close method & do your code.

def action_close(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):
    res = super(task, self).action_cancel(cr, uid, ids, context)
    // Code to make your object record in next state
    return res

Hope this way it would work.

Thanks

Shaun Dawson
On 6/18/13, 5:28 PM

Thanks for the pointer, Keyur.

In the interest of completion, I'll include exactly what I did so that there's a definitely working example in this answer.

(I'm modeling the requirement to perform a test on some equipment. The test_module.test model is the results of the test. When one of these objects is created, I want to create a Task that will track actually doing it.)

First, I added the logic to create a Task when my Test is created:

#this is in class test_module_test...
def test_pending(self, cr, uid, ids):
    project_task = self.pool.get('project.task')
    for test in self.browse(cr, uid, ids, context=None):
        #create the task for this new test
        print "Creating task for Test"
        task_id = project_task.create(cr, uid, {
            'name': test.task_name(),
            'user_id': test.task_uid(),
            'description': test.task_description(),
            test.column_for_test_id_in_task: test.id,
        }, context=None)

self.write(cr,uid, ids, {'state':'pending', 'created_on': time.strftime('%Y-%m-%d')})
    return True

Then, in my modules.py file, I added the following class:

This class inherits from project.task, overriding the case_close method to signal my Test that it has been submitted.

class test_module_test_task(osv.osv):
    _name='project.task'
    _inherit='project.task'
    _columns = {
        'test_id': fields.many2one('eggrule.se_environmental_test', "SE Env. Test", ondelete='restrict'),
    }

def case_close(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):
        #if the super method succeeds...
        if super(test_module_test_task, self).case_close(cr, uid, ids, context=context):
            print "About to signal task workflows, if there are any"
            wf_service = netsvc.LocalService("workflow")
            #for each object that we were passed...
            for task in self.browse(cr, uid, ids):
                #if there is an environmental test...
                if task.test_id:
                    #signal it...
                    wf_service.trg_validate(uid, 'test_module.test', task.test_id.id, "test_submitted", cr)
            return True
        #else, the super method failed... (can't happen)
        return False

Voila!

Wow!!! That's great...You are doing it right...Thanks for your detail explanation.

Keyur
on 6/19/13, 2:10 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/14/13, 8:05 PM
Seen: 1233 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM