Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

syntax error openerp

on 2/28/13, 5:51 AM 1,067 views

hello I installed openerp, postgresql. I installed Eclipse environment with Python 2.5 and download openerp source. I execute setup.py but I get this error:

c:\python25\lib\site-packages\openerp-6.1-py2.5.egg\openerp\cron.py:113: Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6 File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\openerp-6.1-py2.5.egg\openerp\cron.py", line 113 with _thread_slots_lock: ^ SyntaxError: invalid syntax

You should edit your question and improve it describing in detail all the installation steps you are using. Not only this will help people willing to help you, but will also help other people trying to do the same thing you are.

Daniel Reis
on 2/28/13, 6:11 AM

Use python 2.7 and why setup.py in Eclipse ?

Yug Faa
on 2/28/13, 6:29 AM
Vince Vinet
On 12/12/14, 2:56 PM

As the error mention shows, python2.5 does not support the with statement. Use a more recent python version.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 2/28/13, 5:51 AM
Seen: 1067 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM