Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Survey to Customer - is it possible?

By
Jakub Krzempek
on 9/25/14, 7:51 AM 642 views

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding survey module in Odoo8.0.

I have a need to create survey, but the survey should also collect customer details and assign itself to newly created customer. Is it possible to do out-of-the-box? I've look for such an option and survey's answer can be assigned to a partner (it's a good sign), but frankly speaking I don't know how to allow my customers to create accounts for themselves and answer the survey in the same survey.

If the question is a little bit blurry for you I'll provide more details.

Thanks, Kuba

William Beverly
On 9/25/14, 10:03 AM

It would be good to know what currently is installed, and whether users are already connected to your ERP or they are new prospects.
Does this provide more possibilities for you:

1) Allow portal access to the user (you must at least know a name and email)

2) In portal rights field: 

"sel_groups_9_29_10" could be set to : see own leads

Create a contact (field is named "in_group_11")  = true
This allows the user to connect to his account on the ERP and change/modify his information. Be careful, he might be allowed to change too much information for your needs.

(A better workaround would be to port the views in the Portal module but it's less "out of the box")

Finally, you have also modified the rights to allow him to access the survey module, and he can fill in the information in there.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/25/14, 7:51 AM
Seen: 642 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM