This question has been flagged
1 Reply

In OpenERP, in a partner you can mentioned via checkbox whether it is a supplier or a customer.

I need to provide following 1) Separate Links as "Suppliers" or "Customers" :- Clicking on it shows respective records only, rather then everything combined. 2) Access Control :- We have different set of employees handling the customer relationship and suppliers/vendor relationship. Is it possible to show the records based on user roles? 3) Different fields :- We have different fields for "Suppliers" vs "Customers". Is this possible? e.g. in case of Suppliers, there might be fields like "commission percentage", etc, which is totally irrelevant for "Customers"

What is the best method to separate out the two functionality?

Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

I don't think this can be done in the way you want.

It's possible to display only customers or suppliers through the use of menuitems with correct domain. But this isn't an access rule so there would be places in the OpenERP system where a user with create rights on the res_partner model should be able to create or change records.

The only possibility I see is to try and create an advanced access rule on the res_partner model with a check if customer or supplier == true

Discard