This question has been flagged
2 Replies

While trying to import companies in Odoo 8 it seems that "supplier" and "customer" fields are missing.

They do not appear in the combo box to select destination import field.

Discard
Best Answer

Company in Odoo has two meanings: 

1. An organization - with a set of partners (leads, customers, suppliers and employees), users (logins) and stock of products with a separately managed set of accounts.  This type of company installs Odoo!

2. A partner that isn't a person - a 'type' of Customer or Supplier to support B2B (as opposed to B2C) transactions. An entity that buys from (or sells to) a type (1) Company. This type of company is sent emails and PDF's from Odoo!

Companies (type 1) are imported via

• Settings --> Companies --> Companies

Partners with "Company = TRUE" (type 2) are import via:

• Messaging --> Contacts (default CUSTOMER=True, COMPANY=False unless overridden in your import file) 

• Sales --> Sales --> Customers (default CUSTOMER=True, COMPANY=False unless overridden in your import file)

• Purchases --> Purchase --> Suppliers (default SUPPLIER=True, COMPANY= False unless overridden in your import file)

To your question - which menu are you at when you are trying to import?  You won't see Supplier and/or Customer as an option for type (1).

Discard
Author Best Answer

Ray's answer has clarified everything, I did not properly understand the difference: I was using "companies" (Settings -> Companies -> Companies) while I was actually trying to import "partners".

I have repeated the import operation using (Sales -> Sales-> Customers) and Supplier/Customer fields have been recognized.

Discard