Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

supplier account

By
Peter
on 9/25/14, 9:51 AM 945 views

Hi,

i would like to maintain a supplier account for my suppliers. So that purchase order and supplier refunds are aligend to the supplier account and I can blance the account on a monthly basis. Is that possible? I cannot find anything relating to this. The only way I can think of to generate seperate account within the general ledger per supplier, but this seems quite some effort and I don't know if this might cause any side effects in terms of reporting then. 

Anyone did something similar already?

Thanks

Peter

Eva Pinter
On 9/25/14, 5:48 PM

Hi Peter,

You will find the reconciliation function under accounting/periodic processing/reconciliation. This allow to reconciliate all accounts whenever you want and also to decide what to do with the difference.

Good Luck!

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 9/25/14, 6:56 PM

The only way I can think of to generate seperate account within the general ledger per supplier, but this seems quite some effort and I don't know if this might cause any side effects in terms of reporting then. 

Creating individual supplier accounts in the chart of account (not the general ledger) is a basic practice for accountant; I am not aware of a module that creates it automatically whenever you create a new partner. Any way there is no side effects to expect; on the contrary this should ease the lisibility of your accounting reports.

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 9/25/14, 10:15 AM

Look into analytic accounting on financial tab. You probably need to configure them first under Settings. Analytic accounts are used to group transactions and with the right configuration can be selected on both the purchase as well as the sale orders. You can even set budgets and the sorts.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/25/14, 9:51 AM
Seen: 945 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM