Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

sudo passwd openerp and the effect

Bilal Ghayad
on 1/21/14, 4:49 PM 1,093 views

Just now I installed openerp server and I do not know the default password for the system username openerp? What is it?

If I need to change the password using sudo passwd openerp, I am afraid that the openerp server will not work. So the question is, what should I do if I changed password of the openerp ? Any files need to be updated?"

Which kind of pass. The Linux system pass? I think this is no effect for the openerp.

on 1/21/14, 11:25 PM
Bilal Ghayad
On 1/22/14, 3:31 AM

Yes the linux system.

But by default, what is the password "at linux system" for openerp user which is created after the installation?

Regards Bilal

Sorry but this isn't clear for me. If you create a new user who"s nam is openerp at that time you give something. If you do not remember you can change it by root. (Also in Ubuntu you can change it as sudo) If you have just ine user > openerp, you need to hack your system (Ubuntu) by this way.:http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/resetpassword

on 1/22/14, 11:09 AM

I am talking very clear: I am installing openerp on ubuntu and using debian package. Before the installation of the debian package, there was not username called "openerp", after the installation done (I did this using debian package), a username "openerp" has been created but I have not been prompted to give it the password ! It seems the installer create the username and the password. What is this password that is created by the installer?

Bilal Ghayad
on 1/22/14, 6:10 PM

Please note you can change the system password, without any issue. One what is important the openerp user PostgreSQL pass. Sorry for misunderstanding, I usually install Openerp by manually.... to change the pass just type in terminal: sudo passwd openerp

on 1/22/14, 11:44 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/21/14, 4:49 PM
Seen: 1093 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM