This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi there, I want to manage a BOM where a part of the work is done by a contractor.

For the sake of example let's say that I build a hammer made of a head and a handle. I make the first part of the manufacturing, cutting a handle. Once cut, I need the handle to be sent to a subcontracted painter who'll paint the handle. I'm looking for how to model this in OpenERP knowing that I need to track:

• The sending to the painter via a transporter (take 2 days and costs 10 coins to send, then 1 day and 5 coins sending back)
  • The fact that painting takes 3 days, and costs 5 coins, that I receive a painted handle

How do I manage to track the manufacturing time? How do I update this planning knowing that after I sent the handle, the painter tells me that he's gonna have 2 days delay?

I guess that's a pretty wide question, but I've tried fiddling with the native tools, and the only solutions I find imply quite heavy development. If it's unavoidable, no worries, we'll go for it, but even that way, there may be some suggestions about how to approach the problem.

Any hint welcome!

Discard

Hi Pierre, have you recieved insight or feedback on how to do implement this? It would be interesting to see how this is achieved

I too am interested in this.

I would try to split the BoM into 3 parts, 1 for cutting the handle, 2 for the subcontracted painting and 3 for the final assembly. For the second BoM, I would create a routing with the location set to the subcontractor company + the associated costs => Odoo should create a delivery slip to the subcontractor with the raw material and a receipt back. I guess from documentation, I haven't tested it yet.

Best Answer

Has anyone managed to solve this process?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Pierre,

Hope this link might be helpful to you:

https://aasimania.wordpress.com/2015/04/22/manufacturing-subcontracting-in-odooopenerp/  

Discard
Best Answer

You can achieve clean subcontracting flow in manufacturing out of the box since Odoo has the new inventory management solution.

I am not explaining in detail here, just go through \Setup subcontracting in manufacturing process document and let me know if you have any queries in the same.

Discard

Don't know why link seems not working for me, here is the correct link https://odoobooks.com/en/latest/manufacturing/subcontracting.html