Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Stuck with setting Tax for customers openERP7.0?

By
Remya
on 8/3/13, 2:59 AM 1,975 views

I want to add tax & discount in res,partner.Below is the screenshot. Then add code in sale.py in the function _amount_all. in sale.py the amount calculates correct.

image description

Also updated code in account_invoice.py .when i create invoice total(71.25) & balance value(75) shows different. I tried to edit resudial function. But the value not changes.Below is the screenshot.

image description

Then i register payment. It shows the balance value(75),not original total amount(71.25).Below is the screenshot.

image description.

Requirement:

I have a product(price=1000/ any,now let it be 1000) with tax%=5. Then value is 1050. I created a customer with tax 5% & discount 30% . Then after creating a sale order the total amount is 787.50.

I tried to implement it through fiscal position & price list(here it shows wrong tax value). Both the options doesnt give any output.

How can i implement this?Any one can help me.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 8/3/13, 6:31 AM

You should not develop specific code for this. Fiscal positions and pricelists support what you need by default.

I tried to set discount with pricelist, but i cant configure tax with pricelist. How can i configure tax for each customer using pricelist? After confirming sale i want to take tax report also. Please help, Fabien. Awaiting your reply.

Remya
on 8/3/13, 6:38 AM

I also tried to implement fiscal position, call it in customer form. But no change. I think my fiscal configuration is wrong. Any tutorial or document for this?

Remya
on 8/3/13, 6:39 AM

@Fabien, I googled for fiscal position, but no result for step by step fiscal position. Please help me.

Remya
on 8/3/13, 7:02 AM

@Fabien, I have tax for both product & customer, then how i configure fiscal position? Please assist me.Awaiting your kind reply.

Remya
on 8/3/13, 8:30 AM
Flyguy
On 8/6/13, 12:18 PM

You set taxes on products. This depends on type of product (like food may be 6%, but luxury goods may be 21%, this all depends on where you are located) You set fiscal positions on customers. This depends on their shipping location, compared to where you are located (if you are in EU country: national regime = same country, any other EU country = intra comm, outside of EU = extra comm) When you create a sales order, the tax will be taken from product. The fiscal position will be taken from customer. Depending on the fiscal position, the tax on product will be changed automatically. When you create the invoice, all these things are taken from the sales order.

So I don't see any need to do customization on this.

Flyguy
on 8/6/13, 12:19 PM
Praveen Kumar
On 8/6/13, 4:31 AM

You Should Customize partner Form and Add taxes on Partner as this time functionality exist with product. and you can bring both taxes from partner and Product on selection of Product. Very small customization will be required for this.

Can you help me,Praveen?

Remya
on 8/7/13, 2:31 AM

Yes,You want two saperate taxes from product and Customer on sale order or U want single Tax from product with tax % According to partner?

Praveen Kumar
on 8/7/13, 2:58 AM

I want two separate tax for product(5%) & customer(5% or any according to mu customer). How can i set the two taxes?

Remya
on 8/7/13, 3:03 AM

add a m2m Tax field on Customer Form and browse the customer on the onchange event of Product and Pick the tax from Customer and write on SOLine

Praveen Kumar
on 8/7/13, 3:06 AM

I didnt get you.

Remya
on 8/7/13, 3:12 AM

You are Functional or Technical(Devloping Customization)?

Praveen Kumar
on 8/7/13, 3:19 AM

I know more about Technical than functional

Remya
on 8/7/13, 3:22 AM

'tax_id': fields.many2many('account.tax', 'partner_tax_relation', 'partner_id', 'tax_id', 'Taxes'),

Praveen Kumar
on 8/7/13, 3:25 AM

In which py file? res.partner or sale? Can we work with this customization without python code? I have limited time to complete this task,so i'm asking.

Remya
on 8/7/13, 3:38 AM

in res.partner py. no u can't do customization without python code for stable customization

Praveen Kumar
on 8/7/13, 3:43 AM

@ Praveen. I also need the same requirement. Problem is i have more than three database in my server, will this python code affect on the other database?

rosey
on 8/7/13, 3:56 AM

for that u have to create a small saperate module with described customization and install that module in required DB :)

Praveen Kumar
on 8/7/13, 5:48 AM

I dont know about coding. Then how can i implement it? Will you please help me to implement it?

rosey
on 8/7/13, 6:50 AM

Did you know to configure default value in openerp 7.0?

rosey
on 8/7/13, 8:30 AM

For tax requirements You have to do some coding.. and default values can be set on any form view on activating developer view from selection list of debug view. or You can also set defaults by going->settings->Actions->userdefined defaults.

Praveen Kumar
on 8/7/13, 11:29 AM

Please help me to write code. Will you help me to implement? which are the files i want to change? i'm providing my mail id:rosey74@yahoo.com. Awaiting your very kind reply.

rosey
on 8/7/13, 1:07 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/3/13, 2:59 AM
Seen: 1975 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM