Odoo Help

Store many2one model records in model with one2many field - how?

By
Antanas
on 4/25/13, 6:42 AM 3,631 views

If I have two models, f.e. : 'my.model.items' and 'my.model' where 'my.model.items' has many2one field to 'my.model' and 'my.model' has one2many field to 'my.model.items'

How could I implement ability to select from existing 'my.model.items' records in 'my.model'?

Re-Edit: Having models as described above, in 'my.model' form I only have functionality to create records in 'my.model.items'. I would like to have functionality in 'my.model' form to select multiple existing records from 'my.model.items', and create a record containing this selection in 'my.model'.

What you need? Explain please.

Francesco OpenCode
on 4/25/13, 6:48 AM

Please see edit section at the end of question.

Antanas
on 4/25/13, 6:53 AM
Francesco OpenCode
On 4/25/13, 6:55 AM

It's impossible in OpenERP. You can only create, select and delete one record every time in one2many view. Only in tree view you can select all the row you want.

Perhaps i did not make my point clear. Please see re-edit in question. I want not to be able to select, but to create a record from selection.

Antanas
on 4/25/13, 7:00 AM
Nehemias Herrera
On 12/8/14, 2:08 PM

I want to get the same result as Antanas, I have models A and B:

class A (models.Model):
    _name = 'example.a'

name = fields.Char(string="Model A")

b_id = fields.Many2one('example.b', string='Model B')

class B (models.Model):

_name = 'example.b'

name = fields.Char(string="Model B")

a_ids = fields.One2many('example.a', 'b_id', string="Models A")

I want to add an item in a_ids from the existing records of A, not create new ones, how can this be achieved ? thanks in advance

Nehemias, your question is a bit different from Antanas. In your case you just need to set the value of b_id field in Class A to the ID of the Class B you want to link. Or, if done via Class B you can write with the following value: {'a_ids': [(4, ID_of_class_a_to_link)]}

Ivan
on 12/9/14, 6:31 AM

Another way to achieve it via UI trick is to set the widget="many2many_list" in tue a_ids field in your view.

Ivan
on 12/9/14, 6:33 AM
Ivan
On 12/9/14, 6:34 AM

Antanas, I know this is an old question, but if you still need it, what you can do is create a wizard to select the my.model.items to include and then create my.model from the wizard based on the selection.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/25/13, 6:42 AM
Seen: 3631 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM