Odoo Help

Store bottles in warehouse, and sell glasses (for a Pub)

By
thiebaut
on 8/12/15, 6:39 AM 845 views

Hello,

We are now opening a Pub, and we are now trying to use Odoo to manage the point of sales, our accountability and the stocks.We are stucked with this problem : We want to store 1 barrel of beer ( 30L) and sell beer glasses of 50cl. We found the option for Unit of sale, etc.. but still we are not able to make it work. Everytime we are selling a beer, it is deducing 1unit from the warehouse, Which is 1 barrel.We tried the same for other products, like vodka : storing 5L of vodka ( 1 bottle=1L), and selling shots of 4cl.

Could you help us on this matter?

Thank you a lot

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 4 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 11/13/15, 9:01 AM

A small tutorial with a step by step solution in this answer: 

https://www.odoo.com/de_DE/forum/hilfe-1/question/point-of-sale-different-uoms-93185

Maurice Agée
On 8/12/15, 10:48 AM

You must create for example  :

Category unit for beer  and units for beer  ( barrel in reference and glass with coefficient 1/60 )

Category unit for vodka and units for vodka ( barrel in reference and glass with coefficient 1/125)

For each kind of liquids you have an category and some units.

First category :  Beer

First unit for this category :  barrel of beer   = reference.     Coefficient = 1

Second unit : glass of beer        Smaller than reference.  Coefficient = 1/60

thiebaut
On 8/12/15, 12:31 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your quick answer.

but i m still struggling with it : i dont understand where this has to be defined exactly...

if i understand, i have to : 

create 1 Unit of Measure : beer, with type = smaller than the reference Unit of Mesure, Ratio =0.016

In product/information : UOM = beer.

In product/sales  Unit of sales =beer

and UOS = 0.016?
I was trying to store beer as Liters, this way does not matter if i order barrels of 30L or 50L. And maybe more easy to sell beer of 25cl and 50cl...

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/12/15, 6:39 AM
Seen: 845 times
Last updated: 11/13/15, 9:02 AM